Ipswich: Park fires tackled
Three fires in parks in Ipswich were tackled by crews tonight.
Around 20 tonnes of burning vegetation, waste material and undergrowth in Chantry Park was tackled by firefighters just after 7pm.
Three fire engines were called to the park and crews used two hose reel jets and chromes to tackle the blaze.
The fire was extinguished shortly before 8pm but crews stayed at the scene to dampen down the area.
In separate incidents a rubbish fire involving wood and undergrowth in Landseer Park was tackled by fire crews shortly before 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
A blaze in bushes also in Landseer Park was put out at 8.20pm.
- 1 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 2 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 3 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 4 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
- 9 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Judge tells jury majority verdict allowed