Where to park in Ipswich if you are running or watching the Great East Run
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich is set to host the Simplyhealth Great East Run for the second year running on Sunday.
More than 3,500 runners are expected to take part in the 13.1 mile race around the town, with thousands more set to watch the runners on their journey through the Ipswich streets.
We have put together a list of car parks for both runners and spectators to use this weekend.
The start line of the Simplyhealth Great East Run is located in Russell Road within Ipswich town centre. The nearest car parks can be found on West End Road and on Portman Road.
West End Car Park
You may also want to watch:
This costs £1 an hour to park or £5 for the whole day. This car park is best suited for those travelling in from the south. Access into Ipswich is via the A1214 London Road, then right into West End Road.
Portman Road car park
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 3 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 4 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 5 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 6 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 7 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England
The car park costs the same as West End Car Park and is better for those arriving from the north of the town via the A12 or the A140 from Norwich. it is also ideal for those coming in from the west off the A14. Access to the car park is via Portman Road, turn off Handford Road.
St Peters Dock car park
This car park can hold almost 100 cars and is priced at £1.20 an hour, £6 for five hours. It is best suited for those wanting to spectate the from the Waterfront,
Slade Street car park
This is also close to the Waterfront and will cost you £1.90 for an hour,or £3.70 for the day rate.
Crown car park
If you are looking to park closer to the town centre, you could park at the newly built Crown car park which is one of the cheapest in Ipswich charging just £1 an hour, the car park boasts 541 wider spaces and is located in Claude Street.