Ipswich: Pay your tributes to David
HE was known for his love of adventure but devastated friends are today paying tributes to David Lee Dryden, after his adventure through life was cut short.
Loving tributes have flooded into the Evening Star remembering the “lovely, courteous” 22-year-old who lived in Ranelagh Road.
A provisional post-mortem carried out following the discovery of David’s body in the River Orwell revealed he had drowned.
The circumstances of his death are yet to be determined but an inquest has been opened and adjourned.
David was discovered in the river near Stoke Bridge on Saturday morning.
You may also want to watch:
The former Holbrook Primary School and the Royal Hospital School student’s mobile phone had been found on the towpath close to the skatepark by a member of the public who contacted his family.
He has been described as a “lovely, courteous guy” by a family member, who said his parents had been left devastated by his death.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 7 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm
A friend contacted the Evening Star to say: “I knew Dave throughout my time at Aberystwyth University and have been upset and distraught after hearing the unfortunate news of his death. He was a great friend to all and highly thought of within our circle of friends.
“He was always up for a laugh and a good time. Dave was known for his love of adventures and it is a great shame that his adventure through life was cut short.”
- Pay your tributes to David. Call the newsdesk on 01473 324788 or e-mail email@example.com.