Ipswich: Pervert organist jailed for 32 months for downloading thousands of child porn pictures
A RENOWNED keyboard player who ran one of the town’s top music shops has been jailed for 32 months after admitting downloading thousands of child porn images.
David Templing, of Manor Road, Martlesham, was the director of Haven Keyboards, which traded for many years in Felixstowe Road, near St Augustine’s roundabout.
The 54-year-old was also one of the region’s distinguished organists.
Templing previously admitted nine charges of making indecent images of children when he appeared for his Ipswich Crown Court plea and case management hearing last month.
He also pleaded guilty to voyeurism by recording another person doing private acts for the purpose of obtaining his own sexual gratification, knowing the other person did not consent to that intention.
You may also want to watch:
The charges relating to the child pornography originally alleged Templing had made 5,817 indecent photos, or pseudo photographs, of children.
The accusations relate to the period between April 4, 2005 and October 1, 2011.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 3 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 4 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 5 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 6 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 7 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 8 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
The voyeurism charge is said to have occurred sometime between May 1, 2004 and December 31, 2010.
Templing was arrested on October 14 last year, before being bailed pending further enquiries. He was charged in July.
Templing became a director of Haven Keyboards, which sold and rented musical instruments, in November 2000.
Haven Keyboards specialised in organ music, but is now closed.
Templing also managed the store, as well as being a director of the company.
As a musician he described himself as a ‘keyboardist’ and is well-known in the area for his organ music and concerts at various venues around Suffolk.
He has made at least five CDs of – two of which he is said to have recorded under his own label.