Ipswich: Police appeal following robbery near skate park
POLICE are appealing for information following a robbery in Ipswich at the weekend.
The incident happened at about 4.30pm yesterday in Stoke Street, Ipswich, on the towpath next to the skate park.
A 16-year-old male teenager was struck from behind, causing him to fall to the floor. He looked up and saw four white men, one of whom demanded money.
The victim handed over cash and a mobile phone.
The phone was thrown to the floor and the men ran off towards the skate park.
You may also want to watch:
The victim saw in the distance the four men get into a small black car, believed to be a Renault Clio, which was parked next to the skate park.
The victim sustained soreness to the head as a result of the incident.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 9 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 10 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
All four men were wearing hooded tops with the hood up.
The man who stole the items was described as a white man, about 21-years-old, with shoulder length brown hair and a fringe. He had broad shoulders and spoke slowly.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to call Ipswich Priority Crime Team on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.