Ipswich: Police car collides with man leaving scene of alleged burglary
A POLICE car was involved in a collision while responding to reports of a burglary.
A member of the public contacted Suffolk police reporting that they believed a burglary was being carried out in Briarhayes Close, Ipswich, at around 2.10pm.
Police arrived at the scene to find a man leaving the area on a bike. He was in collision with a police car.
A spokesman from Suffolk police said no one was injured in the incident.
A 31-year-old from Woodbridge was arrested on suspicion of burglary.
He is currently detained at Martlesham Police Investigation Centre where he is due to be questioned by officers.
- 1 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 2 Major west Suffolk road reopens after lorry and car crash
- 3 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 4 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 5 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 6 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 7 Ashton on whether a new boss is lined up, the type of manager he's searching for, possible reunions and Town's timeframe for an appointment
- 8 Morsy on 'shock' of Cook sacking and McGreal's message
- 9 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 10 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment