Ipswich: Police hunt for trio of drunk gladiators
IPSWICH: It sounds like the opening line of a joke - three men dressed as gladiators walk into a fast food restaurant.
But staff at McDonald’s in Cardinal Park in Ipswich didn’t see the funny side after a drunken trio in fancy dress hurled abuse at them, in a fracas which ended with a staff member being head-butted.
Police are now appealing for witnesses to the incident, which took place between 10.40pm and 11.15pm on Saturday, January 15.
Three men entered the store and ordered food. But after being served they started throwing their food around and shouting abuse at staff.
A 26-year-old male employee asked the men to leave but as they did so one butted him in the face.
You may also want to watch:
The men are described as white and aged in their early to mid 20s.
Two of the men were dressed in red/gold gladiator outfits and the third was wearing a silver/blue gladiator outfit.
- 1 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 4 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 5 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 6 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 7 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 8 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 9 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 10 Town set to learn Carabao Cup and Papa John's Trophy opponents
Meanwhile, in a separate incident, three men entered a Tesco Express store in St Matthew’s Street in Ipswich and stole bottles of wine.
The men entered the shop at around 6.15pm on Monday, January 24.
One attempted to distract staff while the other two selected wine and left the store.
The first man is described as white, aged 20 to 25 and of medium build, with short dark hair.
He was wearing a grey tracksuit with a white motif on the front, a black hooded top with a red tag on the front and black trainers.
The second man is described as black, aged in his mid 20s, about 5ft 7ins, of muscular build and was wearing a black ski hat with white rings, a brown leather box jacket, blue trousers and black trainers.
The decoy man is described as white, about 6ft 3ins tall, of slim build, with dark hair and a full beard.
He was wearing a black ski hat with white rings, a dark blue Ipswich Town jacket, light blue jeans, and black work boots.
Anyone with information about either of these incidents is asked to call police.
You can either contact the Crime Investigation Bureau (CIB) on 01473 613500 or alternatively you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.