Ipswich: Police renew appeal for witnesses to shooting one year on
A YEAR after five people were injured in a shooting at the Carribean Club in Ipswich, police officers are today renewing their appeals for witnesses.
More than 300 people were at the club in Woodbridge Road on the night of Friday, December 18 and into the early hours of Saturday morning last year when the shots were fired.
Investigations have revealed that around 100 of the people at the private function were from the local area while the rest were from Lewisham, Woodford Green and Brent in London.
Detective Chief Inspector David Cutler who is leading this investigation said officers are keen to hear from anyone who was in the Caribbean Club on that night or anyone who has any information about what happened.
“I urge them to get in touch even now,” he said. “The investigation remains open and it is possible that what they saw or heard is important and may be the missing piece of information that we are looking for.
You may also want to watch:
“A year on they may feel they are able to come forward and help us.
“We are fortunate that gun crime is still rare in Suffolk but I still want to find out who was responsible for using a firearm in Ipswich that night and those involved in the other assaults, and ensure that they answer through the courts for their actions.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 9 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
“To do this I need the support and assistance of those who were present.”
Since investigations into the incident began police have followed up hundreds of lines of inquiry.
Five men, from Kilburn and Brent in London, were arrested in May on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and violent disorder, but were later released without charge.
Anyone who was at the Caribbean club at the time of the incident last year, or who was in the vicinity of the club between 3am and 5am on Saturday December 19 or who has any information in relation to this incident is asked to contact Ipswich CID on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.