Ipswich: Police search for missing man Craig Smith
POLICE in Ipswich are trying to trace a man who has been missing for nearly a week.
Craig Smith has not been seen since Saturday evening. He had been staying at a homeless shelter in Fore Hamlet but staff reported their concerns to police when he did not return on Sunday.
The 37-year-old is described as white, of thin build, about 6ft 2ins with cropped dark brown hair, a dark beard and a scar on his right cheek. He was last seen wearing a blue Nike hoodie, a dark grey woollen coat, jeans, canvas shoes and a white gold wedding band.
He was also carrying a camel-coloured messenger bag and a carrier bag full of clothes.
Mr Smith has been known to sleep rough on benches around the Chantry Park and Gippeswyk Park areas.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call police on 101.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 4 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 5 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 7 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
- 8 Returning fans, new faces and a visit from Premier League royalty - Town face Crystal Palace as pre-season moves up a gear
- 9 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 10 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K