Ipswich: Portman Road lights up when fans put on their camera flashes
- Credit: Archant
The team was playing well but fans in every stand at Portman Road decided to create their own entertainment at the match yesterday.
With the score at 1-0 in the Blues game with Reading a group of supporters in the Sir Bobby Robson Stand decided to get their phones out.
But it was not to check-up on the latest scores from around the grounds it was to turn their phone’s camera flash lights on.
The lights shone for around a minute before one fellow fan in the opposite Sir Alf Ramsey Stand decided to join in.
It was not long before supporters cottoned on to what was happening and began to light up the darkening skies.
You may also want to watch:
Cue a flood of light from phones dotted around all four stands of the ground much to the amusement of the fans who started it up.
The flashes and cheers caused by the unscripted lighting didn’t seem to put off Mick McCarthy and the players as they eventually ran out two-nil winners to take them to seventh in the table.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 9 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 10 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk