Ipswich: Post mortem due after body of missing man found in garage
THE body of a man who has been missing since Monday has been found in a lock up garage in Ipswich.
A MAJOR police search led to the discovery of the body of a missing man in a lock-up garage.
John Wilson was reported missing to police on Monday, November 1, after he was last seen at 8am at an address in Bilney Road, Woodbridge.
The report sparked an investigation, as officers appealed for the public’s help in tracing him.
Inquiries led police to a lock-up garage behind houses in Heath Lane, Ipswich, on Saturday morning, where a body was discovered inside a van parked inside a garage.
You may also want to watch:
The body was formally identified as 57-year-old Mr Wilson, of Ipswich, and his next of kin were informed that day.
One resident of Heath Lane, who asked not to be named, said he heard screaming and shouting from the garages on Friday.
- 1 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 4 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 9 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 10 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
“I saw all of the police cars and then I saw the police forensic team and when I saw them I knew that something bad had probably happened,” he said.
“There was a police officer patrolling backwards and forwards along the road towards the garages.
“I was worried about it and was unsure what exactly had happened but I guessed that it was probably a body or someone injured.”
Another resident said: “You don’t really expect anything like this to happen so close to where you live, it’s a shame.”
The row of garages is believed to be rented out to businesses in Ipswich and some residents living in Heath Lane.
A police spokeswoman said the death was being treated as unexplained, however it is not being treated as suspicious.
She then said a post-mortem examination and inquest would take place in due course.
n Pay tribute to John Wilson - contact the news room on 01473 324788.