Ipswich: Queues on A14 after crash involving car and lorry at Copdock interchange
One man has been taken to Ipswich Hospital after a crash on the A14 near the Copdock interchange.
A DAF lorry and a Ford Escort collided shortly before 2pm on the westbound carriageway of the A14 just before the interchange.
Police, the ambulance service and fire crews were called to the scene. Due to a damaged crash barrier the Highways Agency was also called.
One man suffered head injuries which aren’t believed to be life-threatening and has been taken to Ipswich Hospital as a precaution.
Recovery vehicles are on the scene and one lane of the westbound carriageway is closed between J56, the Wherstead interchange, and the Copdock interchange.
You may also want to watch:
There is currently traffic congestion back to the Nacton interchange.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder