Ipswich rally shows the role of a firefighter in 1981 event
- Credit: Archant
Were you among the crowd when Ipswich firefighters held a rally in the town in 1981?
Over 36 years ago, in 1981, a firefighters rally drew in crowds of people to the town.
These pictures captured on the day show people of all ages enjoying the many events that were put on by the firefighters.
It was a chance for the public to learn more about the role of a firefighter, whilst also providing some family entertainment.
Events on the day included a live action crash scene as crews demonstrated what they do when they attend a road traffic accident, while the Ipswich transport museum displayed some classic fire engines. There was also a wild west-themed demonstration.
You may also want to watch:
The 1981 Felixstowe Carnival Queen was among those who attended the event, as did Pleasurewood Hills mascot Woody.
Can you spot yourself in this gallery or were you one of the firefighters who took part? To share your own pictures and memories with us, email email@example.com
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 3 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'
- 7 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 8 A&E under pressure as patient levels return to pre-pandemic levels
- 9 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 10 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash