Ipswich: Re-bail for Christopher Thompson park murder suspect
- Credit: Archant
AN Ipswich park murder suspect has been re-bailed until March.
The 42-year-old, who had been living in the Chantry area of Ipswich, was one of three people arrested after the body of Christopher Thompson was found in Chantry Park early on November 15.
After being questioned by officers from Suffolk’s major investigation team, the suspect was released on bail until this month, pending further enquiries.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary has said the man has now been re-bailed until March 6, when he must return to the police investigation centre at Martlesham.
Christopher Wilson, 33, and Deanna Stanton, 26, both of no fixed address, have been charged with the murder of Mr Thompson.
The 35-year-old, of Norwich Road, Ipswich, was found dead by a member of the public between Chantry Park’s cricket pavilion and the Sue Ryder home.
A post-mortem examination found he had died from strangulation and assault injuries.
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 'I'm not here to settle' - Walton sets sights high after permanent Town move
- 3 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 4 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 5 'One or two we're speaking to' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 6 Ipswich Town sign Brentford full-back Thompson on loan
- 7 McKenna on offers for Harper and El Mizouni and Fraser's Town future
- 8 Town could lose its Post Office branch in triple closure shock
- 9 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 10 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
Wilson and Stanton’s case has now been committed to Ipswich Crown Court.
The pair’s next court appearance is due to take place next month.