Ipswich: Re-bail for Christopher Thompson park murder suspect
- Credit: Archant
AN Ipswich park murder suspect has been re-bailed until March.
The 42-year-old, who had been living in the Chantry area of Ipswich, was one of three people arrested after the body of Christopher Thompson was found in Chantry Park early on November 15.
After being questioned by officers from Suffolk’s major investigation team, the suspect was released on bail until this month, pending further enquiries.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary has said the man has now been re-bailed until March 6, when he must return to the police investigation centre at Martlesham.
Christopher Wilson, 33, and Deanna Stanton, 26, both of no fixed address, have been charged with the murder of Mr Thompson.
You may also want to watch:
The 35-year-old, of Norwich Road, Ipswich, was found dead by a member of the public between Chantry Park’s cricket pavilion and the Sue Ryder home.
A post-mortem examination found he had died from strangulation and assault injuries.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 6 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 7 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 8 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 9 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 10 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
Wilson and Stanton’s case has now been committed to Ipswich Crown Court.
The pair’s next court appearance is due to take place next month.