Ipswich: Ready, get set, go! It’s time to limber up for half marathon
RUNNERS are being urged to sign up for a half marathon through the streets of Ipswich later this year.
The Ipswich Half Marathon takes place on Sunday, September 25, and participants are being sought for the annual event.
The marathon was launched during a special ceremony outside Christchurch Park yesterday where would-be runners were joined by mascots and sponsors to promote the challenge.
The race is a partnership between Larking Gowen Chartered Accountants, Ipswich JAFFA Running Club and Team Ipswich, which was set up to prepare Ipswich for the London Games.
This will be the third half marathon to be held in the town and previous events have attracted hundreds of competitors.
You may also want to watch:
The 13.1 mile course starts at Northgate Sports Centre, goes through the grounds of Christchurch Park and the town centre before heading north towards Whitton Sports Centre and back across to Northgate.
Proceeds from the event will go towards the St Elizabeth Hospice.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 4 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 5 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 6 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 7 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 8 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 9 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
- 10 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
Chris Barber, from Ipswich, who is planning to take part in the event, said: “This will be the first half marathon that I’ve done and I’m really looking forward to it.
“Training for the event is going to take up a lot of time. I plan to start doing short bursts and then running greater distances over time.
“It’s a fantastic challenge of endurance and I’m sure that crossing the finish line will be a tremendous feeling.”
For more information on the event or to book a place visit www.ipswichhalfmarathon.co.uk.