Ipswich: Renewed appeal made for information as anniversary checks are carried out into alleged rape in alleyway near car park
- Credit: Su Anderson
Detectives investigating an alleged rape in Ipswich are today renewing an appeal for information, eight days after the offence is reported to have taken place.
Police were informed by the Town Pastors about the incident, which happened in an alleyway off a car park near Lower Brook Street, at about 2.35am on Sunday, April 20.
Anniversary checks were carried out yesterday between midnight and 3.30am where people officers spoke to people and asked them if they had been in the area a week ago and spotted anything suspicious.
A number of people were spoken to and CCTV is now being reviewed further in an attempt to establish if the offender can be identified in the area at the relevant time.
The man is described as black, about 40-years-old, between 5ft 10-11ins, of average build, short and straight black hair with a white/grey beard coming down from his sideburns – he also had a deep voice.
He wore a long-sleeved dark blue denim top.
Police are also asking anyone who was outside the Best Kebab Shop in Dogs Head Street between 2am and 2.45am, who hasn’t already been spoken to, to come forward with information.
- 1 A14 westbound closed after car catches fire
- 2 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 3 Council has 'no plans' to alter verge cutting schedule in Suffolk
- 4 'Eyesore' Suffolk seafront hotel for sale for £2million
- 5 'There are still areas we want to improve' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 6 Town in negotiations with Aberdeen over Hladky sale
- 7 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 8 Plans for 5 'very large homes' in Suffolk village turned down
- 9 Ipswich Town appoint new Academy Manager
- 10 Project to keep Suffolk pub 'protected for years' turned down
If you have information or can help police, call the Ipswich Gemini Team on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.