Ipswich: Road closed as work begins to remove concrete from sewer
EMERGENCY sewer repair work is to begin today in an Ipswich road.
Anglian Water has been forced to close a section of Defoe Road after part of the sewer was blocked with cement.
Chepstow Road will also be closed to through traffic while the work takes place.
Antony Innes, from Anglian Water, said: “We were alerted to this problem on Friday and since then we have been using tankers to take sewage away from the 200 or so properties served by this sewer. This sewage will instead be pumped through an over land pipe into a manhole further along the sewer.”
It isn’t known how long the work will take.
You may also want to watch:
The junction of Defoe Road and Chepstow Road – where the damaged sewer is located – will be closed, as will the junction between Chepstow Road and Epsom Drive.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 9 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 10 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week