Ipswich: Road closed following crash between car and lorry
- Credit: Archant
A WOMAN was taken to hospital following a two vehicle crash which blocked Nacton Road in Ipswich.
The accident happened just after 2.30pm, and involved a blue Peugeot 206 and a Mercedes articulated box van.
A Suffolk police spokeswoman said: “The female car driver has pain to her neck and back but is not trapped.
“Firefighters need to take the roof off the car to get her out because of her injuries even though she is not trapped.”
Officers closed the road between Lindbergh Road and Maryon Road while the incident was dealt with.
You may also want to watch:
A fire service spokeswoman said a woman was taken to hospital. Details of her injuries were not known.
- 1 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 4 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 5 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 6 New-look Cobbold Stand finished - and what a difference it makes!
- 7 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 8 Ipswich closing in on Coulson loan signing
- 9 Crash between two motorbikes
- 10 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move