Ipswich: Robin Windsor prepares for new season of Strictly Come Dancing, and reveals plans to team up with Abbey Clancy
- Credit: PA
After suffering Strictly Come Dancing semi-final heartache last year, Ipswich dancer Robin Windsor has revealed his plan to go one step further in 2013 – by teaming up with superwag Abbey Clancy.
The professional dancer, who grew up in the Spring Road area of Ipswich, narrowly missed out on claiming a spot in the final of the hit TV show last year when paired with actress Lisa Riley.
They exited the celebrity ballroom dancing contest on week 11, but the 33-year-old, now in his fourth year on the BBC programme which starts series 11 tomorrow night, has eyed up Abbey Clancy, the model wife of England star Peter Crouch, to partner him to victory.
“She certainly knows how to shake her butt!” he said. “We have spent the past week weighing up and checking out celebs we would like to partner.
“And in terms of compatibility and getting on really well together, Abbie Clancy and I had a brilliant time together. She has really impressed me with her dance moves and hopefully we can get partnered up together.”
You may also want to watch:
The former Clifford Road Primary and Copleston High School pupil added: “It’s going to be bigger and better this year.
“We have got some very exciting things lined up and we have a great bunch of celebs.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 5 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 7 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 8 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 9 Elections 2021: Tim Passmore re-elected Suffolk Police and Crime Commissioner
- 10 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
“I had a great relationship with Lisa last year and I’m hoping to go even further and make the final this year. There’s a spare place on the mantelpiece waiting for the Glitter Ball Trophy.”