Ipswich: Rolex stolen from changing room at ITFC
POLICE are investigating after a wedding ring and two watches were stolen from a changing room at Ipswich Town Football Club.
Officers attended the club in Portman Road after the items were found missing after Ipswich’s match against Peterborough United on Saturday.
It is believed a Rolex watch, worth around �10,000, belonging to Peterborough loanee midfielder George Thorne, and a wedding ring belonging to defender Gabriel Zakuani, were among the items taken from the dressing room.
On social media site Twitter, Gabriel Zakuani said: “Whoever stole my wedding ring is such a tramp” and “Sad when you can’t leave things in the changing room”.
A Suffolk police spokesman confirmed the theft.
He said: “At 6pm there was a report from the ground that two watches and a wedding ring had been stolen from the Peterborough dressing room.”
An Ipswich Town Football Club spokesman said: “Police were in attendance at the game anyway but were asked to investigate allegations that a number of items, namely two watches and a wedding ring, were taken from the Peterborough United dressing room.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 6 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 7 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 8 'Fans are disgruntled - I understand it' - Cook on Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 9 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 10 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
“Ipswich Town gave full cooperation to the police as they carried out their enquiries and made CCTV footage available to them.”
It is understood that no-one at Ipswich Town is being investigated in connection to the theft.