Norwich Road closure in Ipswich causes traffic chaos in town centre – but should reopen later today
- Credit: Archant
Norwich Road in Ipswich should be fully open again on Wednesday after Anglian Water engineers fixed a broken main on Tuesday.
There was rush-hour chaos on Tuesday morning as the road near Ipswich YMCA was closed while Anglian Water engineers repaired the leak.
Traffic is being diverted along Bramford Road, Handford Road and some was heading up Valley Road towards Henley Road – but there were long tailbacks along Norwich Road and delays of up to 15-20 minutes for vehicles trying to head into town.
Anglian Water engineers are trying to repair the burst, but have applied for the road closure to remain in place until Friday.
An Anglian Water spokesman said: “Our teams have been working to repair a leaking pipe on Norwich Road in Ipswich. The repair has now been completed and no homes in the area were affected.
You may also want to watch:
“Norwich Road is currently closed with a full diversion route in place whilst our teams repair the road surface. We’re sorry for any inconvenience this causes, and we would like to thank local residents for their patience whilst we complete these repairs. We anticipate the road to be fully reopened later on this evening.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 10 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk