Ipswich: Santas descend on Waterfront
HUNDREDS of Santas took part in the annual charity run for the East Anglian Children’s Hospices in Ipswich today – helping to raise thousands of pounds for the Treehouse Appeal.
Almost 500 Santas took part in the even round the Waterfront – ranging from keen amateur runners to families who decided to tackle the course on a whim.
Winning was never really the aim of the event – but first across the line was keen runner Ben Churchman, 26, from Mellis near Eye.
He was followed by 13-year-old Katie Peake from Ipswich who decided to take part at the last minute after representing Suffolk in a regional event at Biggleswade yesterday.
Organisers of the event hope it should raise �15,000 for the Treehouse appeal – pushing it ever close to its �3 million target.
You may also want to watch:
For a full report and more pictures, see tomorrow’s newspaper.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 7 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm