Ipswich School staff raise almost £1,000 with charity show
- Credit: Archant
Staff and students from a Suffolk school celebrated the end of term with a special charity show.
The event held at Ipswich School was billed as a mash-up between Britain’s Got Talent and The X Factor and featured teachers singing and performing for charity.
The winners were science staff ‘Sciversity’ who had previously won the ‘Staff Do Strictly’ competition.
Highly commended awards went to a Spice Girls tribute, a ‘Nuns on the Pun’ sketch and an Elton John/Nat King Cole tribute.
Nicholas Weaver, headmaster at Ipswich School, said: “This was a fun way to end a term of hard work. Staff enjoyed the chance to let their alter-egos take to the stage, with many hidden talents coming to the fore, and students joined in with laughter and rapturous applause.
“The fact that we also raised almost £1000 to add to our support of the African Children’s Choir is the icing on the cake!”
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 4 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 5 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 6 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 7 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 8 6 roadworks to avoid in Suffolk this week
- 9 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 10 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon