Ipswich School staff raise almost £1,000 with charity show
- Credit: Archant
Staff and students from a Suffolk school celebrated the end of term with a special charity show.
The event held at Ipswich School was billed as a mash-up between Britain’s Got Talent and The X Factor and featured teachers singing and performing for charity.
The winners were science staff ‘Sciversity’ who had previously won the ‘Staff Do Strictly’ competition.
Highly commended awards went to a Spice Girls tribute, a ‘Nuns on the Pun’ sketch and an Elton John/Nat King Cole tribute.
Nicholas Weaver, headmaster at Ipswich School, said: “This was a fun way to end a term of hard work. Staff enjoyed the chance to let their alter-egos take to the stage, with many hidden talents coming to the fore, and students joined in with laughter and rapturous applause.
You may also want to watch:
“The fact that we also raised almost £1000 to add to our support of the African Children’s Choir is the icing on the cake!”
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 8 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 9 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 10 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence