Ipswich Scouts group installs life-saving defibrillator for community use
- Credit: 11th Ipswich Scout Group
An Ipswich Scouts group has installed a defibrillator at its headquarters after receiving around £2,000 in donations for the equipment.
The 11th Ipswich Scout Group, based in Chesterfield Drive in the Castle Hill area of the town, has said the defibrillator is easily visible from the road and is available for use by the community.
The device is designed to be used by someone with no medical training, with an in-built speaker giving step-by-step instructions to operate.
The equipment was installed after the Scouts group received donations from Suffolk County Council, Ashcroft Christian Fellowship, East of England Co-op, Highfield Nursery School Children’s Centre and Daycare and The Chesterfield Drive Practice.
Ollie Arthur, executive committee member of the charity, said: “Defibrillators save lives, so we’re delighted to give back to our community by providing this lifesaving equipment.
You may also want to watch:
"We’re now letting the community know it’s here - so that if it’s ever needed, people know where to access it.
"At Scouts, we prepare young people with skills for life, with first aid training featuring as part of the fun and adventurous activities we offer our members."
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 7 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 8 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed