Ipswich: Serious blaze at house
FIRE CREWS were called out to a serious blaze in a residential road this morning.
A house garage caught fire in Penny Lane in the Warren Heath area of Ipswich, while two young residents were inside.
They escaped unharmed and were able to alert a neighbour, who called the fire brigade.
Two crews from Colchester Road and Princes Street fire stations were called out to the incident at 8.30am to stop the fire from spreading into the house.
They arrived to find the detached house completely filled with smoke and the garage - which is attached to the property - completely ablaze.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters were able to get the blaze - thought to have started in an electrical socket - under control and had left the scene by about 10am.
- Get tomorrow’s paper for the full story.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 4 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 5 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 6 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 10 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child