Ipswich shop evacuated

AN Ipswich store was evacuated today following a fire in a kitchen.A small fire in a microwave set off fire alarms at the Co-op store in Carr Street, Ipswich, with the fire service being called and the building evacuated.

AN Ipswich store was evacuated following a fire in a kitchen.

A small fire in a microwave set off fire alarms at the Co-op store in Carr Street, Ipswich, with the fire service being called and the building evacuated.

A spokeswoman for the fire service said it appeared the fire had already been extinguished when crews arrived following a call at 9.41am.

A thermal imaging camera was used to check the building was safe.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter