Ipswich: Shoplifter who stole 45 bottles of booze jailed
- Credit: Archant
A SHOPLIFTER has been jailed after being caught wheeling a trolley laden with 45 bottles of alcohol worth more than £1,000 out of a superstore.
Marian Sirbu was caught by a security guard trying to leave Sainsbury’s in Warren Heath with 43 bottles of Jack Daniels which had not been paid for.
The 32-year-old Romanian national’s trolley also contained two bottles of cognac.
The total value of the alcohol came to £1,107.
It is believed Sirbu was part of an organised crime ring of shoplifters.
Sirbu was arrested at around 6.15pm on April 30 after police were called by security officers at Sainsbury’s.
He appeared before South East Suffolk Magistrates Court where he pleaded guilty to theft from a shop at his first hearing.
- 1 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 4 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 5 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 6 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 7 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 8 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 9 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 10 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
Magistrates jailed Sirbu, of Baker Street, Northampton, for four weeks.