Ipswich: Sister pays tribute to Emma Harold and friend Kate Wasyluk by naming her new daughter after the Foxhall Road crash victims
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
HONOURING the memory of her older sister and friend, Beccy Rutter could think of no more fitting tribute than giving her new baby girl their names.
Azariah Emma Kate Rutter was born on January 28.
Mum Beccy, 29, told The Star she and her husband Liam wanted to do something to keep their memories alive.
“Emma was my sister and Kate one of my best friends, I loved them both like sisters.
“I wanted to do something to keep their memories alive and keep them with me at all times.
You may also want to watch:
“Azariah will never get to meet her auntie or my friend and so I hope with her having their names she will feel a connection with them both.
“It was hard, I was worried about having her so close to the anniversary.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 8 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 9 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 10 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
“She is doing really well, settling in at home. She is just gorgeous.”
Kate’s mum Dot Richardson said when she heard Beccy had honoured her daughter, she was moved to tears.
The 58-year-old said: “It blew me away.
“I knew she had given birth to another daughter and was keeping the name under wraps.
“I was expecting her to name Azariah after Emma but for her to honour Kate as well was amazing.
“Kate would’ve just loved it, it is a lovely way to remember them both.”