Ipswich: Sister’s poignant tribute to Nathan Davis to mark tragic anniversary
Running in her brother’s memory, Emma Davis is preparing to do her bit to help thousands of people haunted by suicidal thoughts.
Her younger brother, Nathan, 19, claimed his own life jumping from the Orwell Bridge on July 12, 2011.
Two years on and facing the second anniversary of Nathan’s death, Emma is determined to do something positive to remember the talented guitarist.
Emma, 26, who works for a charity in Harlow, said the loss of her brother is still very hard for her family to bear, especially as anniversaries and birthdays approach.
“Life goes on,” she told The Star. “But every day is still very hard, especially those special occasions like birthdays, Christmas and anniversaries. It will be two years since my brother died and I wanted to do something in the days around the anniversary, something positive in Nathan’s memory to help raise awareness about suicide. I wanted to help others facing despair, something to let them know there is help available.”
You may also want to watch:
Emma is preparing to take on The British 10k London run on Sunday to raise money for CALM (Campaign Against Living Miserably).
The charity runs a helpline to offer immediate assistance to men who are down or facing crisis. Emma’s target of £500 – which she has already exceeded – would help man the helpline (0800 58 58 58) for one day. Last year to mark the first anniversary, Emma embarked on a challenge 52 Firsts, to try a host of new experiences, of which conquering a 10k run became one.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 3 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
To donate visit www.just givingcom/emmadavis10krun