Ipswich: Smoke billows from snooker hall roof
FIREFIGHTERS were called after a blaze broke out at a snooker hall and nightclub in Ipswich.
The fire brigade received reports of smoke from the roof of the building in Duke Street shortly after 11.38am.
Three crews from Princes Street, three from Colchester Road and a crew from Woodbridge fire station were called.
They discovered the fire in the first-floor kitchen of a three-storey building.
A spokesman for the fire service said the building is currently being refurbished.
You may also want to watch:
He said fire crews tackled a fire in a second floor kitchen as well.
The incidents were under control by 12.05pm.
- 1 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 5 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 6 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 7 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 8 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 9 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 10 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
Police officers were called to help manage the traffic.