Ipswich: Squatter pitches tent on site of town’s former police station
- Credit: Archant
While many would wish to leave a police station as soon as possible one squatter has taken the opposite approach and moved on to the site of Ipswich’s former police base,
The man has pitched his tent under the shelter of a tree between the car park and the entrance to the building in Elm Street, which is now the property of Ipswich Borough Council.
A brown wheelie bin and an umbrella have been placed next to the tent.
It is understood that the squatter – who is believed to be homeless - arrived on Sunday, and frequents the resource centre in nearby Black Horse Lane.
Max Stocker, a spokesman for Ipswich Borough Council, said: “We have been down to the site but have not been able to make contact with the person or persons involved.
You may also want to watch:
“We are discussing the matter with the resource centre and are taking the necessary steps to resolve the situation.”
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 9 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results