Ipswich: Sting’s wife Trudie Styler to appear in play at Suffolk school
ACTRESS Trudie Styler - the wife of rock star Sting - is heading to Suffolk for a cameo role in a leading production.
She is playing Hester Thrale in A Dish of Tea with Dr Johnson at Ipswich High School on Monday at 7.30pm.
Hester Thrale was a society hostess with whom British author Samuel Johnson was great friends – and who, as the finale to the show portrays, was his final, unrequited love.
The play, staged by the Out of Joint theatre company, also features actors Russell Barr and Ian Redford and is directed by Max Stafford-Clark, who has been in charge of productions for the National Theatre, Royal Shakespeare Company and the Royal Court.
It also includes rescue dog Katie, a Jack Russell who is playing Hodge, Dr Johnson’s cat.
You may also want to watch:
The play is adapted from James Boswell’s The Life of Samuel Johnson and The Journal of a Tour to the Hebrides.
Susanna Bishop, head of drama at Ipswich High School, said: “We are thrilled that Trudie is joining the cast of A Dish of Tea with Dr Johnson next Monday.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 6 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 10 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
“Her acting credits are really impressive and combined with wonderful skills of the leading men – Ian Redford and Russell Bar - and the directing genius of Max Stafford-Clark, this show is definitely one not to miss. It is a real treat to have a company of international renown right on our doorstep.”