Ipswich: Store move boosts Tower Ramparts shopping centre
- Credit: Archant
Tower Ramparts has received another boost as another store has moved into the shopping centre after a major effort by staff and their families.
Baldwins has been in Upper Brook Street for nearly three years after being set up by former Co-op staff members who lost their jobs when the new owner of the Co-op department stores, Vergo, went into administration in 2010.
The store was on a short lease in its former location, and has now moved to a similar-sized unit in the Tower Ramparts centre.
It is one of three Baldwins stores in the area – there are also branches at Stowmarket and Dovercourt.
Company managing director Kevin Baldwin said staff and their families had helped with the move, and he was delighted by the store’s new location.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We did not have that long to move. We got the keys to the Tower Ramparts unit and had to move everything over the weekend before last.
“All the staff and their families worked very hard to get everything done. We got it all in the new store at the beginning of last week and had got it all sorted out and were ready to open on Thursday.”
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 7 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 8 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 9 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 10 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
The new unit is slightly smaller than the previous store, but Mr Baldwin said it would still be able to carry the same lines as previously.
And the location in the shopping centre was a real plus – Tower Ramparts itself is seeing considerable development with both Iceland and River Island due to move in to either end of the centre within the next few months.