Ipswich: Street market brings a splash of colour to town
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers dodged the showers to enjoy a street market in Ipswich held as part of the Ip-art 2013 festival.
The event, in St Peter’s Street, featured a range of stalls, including clothes, collectables and retro items.
Among those taking part was budding young designer Charlotte Golding, 24, launching her new clothing range Queerhawk Clothing.
The first line is a range of T-shirts titled Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve, part of her vision to use different colours to create items of clothing linked to emotions, feelings and beliefs.
She said: “Ipswich is a real hub of creativity, with music, theatre and the arts and I couldn’t think of a better and more appropriate place than my hometown to launch my new designs.”
You may also want to watch:
Ip-art runs until July 7 with a wide variety of events around the town.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 9 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
- 10 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart