Ipswich: Strictly Come Dancing star Robin Windsor determined to tame Dragons’ Den tycoon Deborah Meaden after dance floor pairing
- Credit: BBC
Ipswich’s Strictly Come Dancing star Robin Windsor has admitted being partnered with business tycoon Deborah Meaden is “frightening” – but insists he can tame the daunting dragon.
The 33-year-old found out on Saturday’s live launch show that the notoriously sharp-tongued investor, who has swapped the Dragons’ Den boardroom for the Strictly ballroom, would be his dance partner for the upcoming series.
And although the former Clifford Road Primary and Copleston High School pupil had revealed his desire to be paired up with superwag Abbey Clancy, the professional dancer said he could not wait to waltz in to the dragon’s lair.
“I was delighted to be partnered up with Deborah,” he said. “She is a lovely lady but I am a little bit frightened.
“She is a very powerful, strong and determined woman who has got where she is today through sheer hard work and determination and I’m looking forward to her bringing that to the dance floor.
“So I have got my work cut out. She wants to win. She is a businesswoman and knows exactly what she wants.
“I’ve had partners in the past who have needed a lot of tender love and care and looking after, but not this time around. She has got balls and is extremely keen to win – and I can’t wait to get my hands on her.
- 1 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 2 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
- 3 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 4 Ambitious plans to regenerate 'dilapidated' part of Suffolk town revealed
- 5 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 6 One of north Suffolk's 'most productive' arable farms up for sale
- 7 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 8 Torquay sign two released Ipswich Town players
- 9 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 10 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
“Deborah is on holiday in Italy at the moment but we start training on Monday. We will do 10 hours a day and I can’t wait to get going again.”