Ipswich: Student flats cleared of smoke after fire

IPSWICH: University halls of residence had to be ventilated this evening after a fire in a student flat.

The third floor property in Grimwade Street, Ipswich, had to be cleared of smoke following the incident at about 5.45pm.

One crew from Princes Street Fire Station was sent to the scene after a small kitchen fire set off an automatic fire alarm. Nobody was injured during the incident.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus