Ipswich: Suffolk New College will be open on day of UCU strike action next week
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk New College have confirmed they will still be open on Tuesday despite being hit by strike action.
Members of the University and College Union are staging a one-day walk-out in relation to a national pay issue.
A statement issued by the college said: “Despite UCU confirming strike action Suffolk New College will be open for business on December 3, 2013 to students as usual.
“It is anticipated that some, but not all lecturing staff will take part in the action therefore timetables may be adjusted on the day.
“All evening classes are expected to run as normal with the exception of one ESOL class. Students have been notified if their class is affected.
You may also want to watch:
Commenting on the strike action Professor Dave Muller, Principal of Suffolk New College, said: “We fully accept the right of staff to take strike action and we have notified the few students in advance if affected by this action.
We are open as usual and thank the staff for their continued support for students on this day.”
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 4 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 9 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 10 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M