Ipswich/Suffolk: Polls are open for European elections
Voters are going to the polls today in elections for the European parliament – and for local council elections in Ipswich and Colchester.
Polling stations will be open until 10pm tonight – but the European election votes will not be counted until Sunday evening after the rest of Europe has been to the polls.
The votes for council candidates in Ipswich and Colchester will be counted overnight, but they will take longer than normal because they will have to be separated from European votes first.
The results from the councils are not expected to be announced until the early hours of tomorrow morning.
We shall be covering the count online at www.eadt.co.uk with instant analysis and the full results will be printed in the EADT on Saturday.
Sunday’s results are expected to come through late in the evening – although it could be later if there is a higher than expected turnout.
You may also want to watch:
Votes from across the East of England will be counted at Chelmsford. We shall be covering those results online, and they will be printed as soon as possible.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 5 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 6 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 10 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex