Ipswich: Suspicious man approaches 11-year-old girl in Warrington Road
AN 11-year-old girl was approached by a suspicious man in Ipswich, sparking a police investigation.
Suffolk police are today appealing for witnesses to the incident which happened in Warrington Road on Friday at around 5pm.
A spokeswoman for the force said the girl got off her school bus and noticed a man in a white van.
He appeared to be waving her over to him.
The girl ignored him and kept walking before the van drove off.
You may also want to watch:
The vehicle is described as a white transit van, which was very dirty.
The man is described as white, between 25 to 30 years old, with short dark hair. He was not clean shaven and was wearing a black hooded jumper.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 5 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 7 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 8 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge
- 9 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 10 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
Police would like to speak to anyone who witnessed the incident, with the man described or anyone who recognises him. Calls in relation to this incident should be made to PC Helen Mittell from Ipswich on 101.