Ipswich: Takeaway curry restaurant damaged in accident
- Credit: Archant
A well-known curry takeaway was damaged this afternoon when a car mounted the pavement and hit a wall.
No one was hurt in the accident on the junction of Woodbridge Road and Nelson Road, but it sparked calls for changes to be made to a busy junction.
Staff at the takeaway said accidents at the junction were not uncommon, although this was the first time their building had been hit.
Sunday afternoon’s impact damaged the wall of the living quarters next to the takeaway – and also broke its gas meter.
Officials from National Grid Gas were on the scene but the gas supply to the building was cut off while repairs were carried out.
You may also want to watch:
One member of staff from the takeaway, Rhul, said there had been many incidents over the years: “I’ve seen 10 to 12 accidents at this junction, we don’t even bother to go out and look at them now.
“The lights are confusing, and cars pull out on the green light, not realising there are vehicles coming from the opposite direction – there needs to be changes there if there are not going to be more accidents.”
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 5 'This club is going to be flying next season' - Dyer on 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury and Vincent-Young injury
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 WATCH as man calmly rips wooden gate off hinges before walking away
- 9 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 10 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer