Ipswich: Teen downloaded child pornography
IPSWICH: A teenager who downloaded child porn on his younger brother’s computer has been ordered to attend a sex offenders’ programme.
A total of 87 indecent images of children were found on the computer after 19-year-old Raymond Bailey’s mother became concerned that there might be child porn on it, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
She asked a computer expert at her younger son’s school to make it password protected.
The technician found three or four indecent images of children on the computer and was shocked by what he saw, said Godfried Duah, prosecuting.
The police were contacted and a further analysis revealed a total of 87 indecent images of children. On a level of one to five, with level five being the most serious, there were 54 images at level one, three at level two, ten at level three, nine at level four and 11 at level five. When Bailey was spoken to by police, he said, “I made a mistake.”
You may also want to watch:
Bailey, of Woodbridge Road, Ipswich, admitted one offence of making indecent images of children and was given a three-year community order. He was also ordered to attend the Thames Valley Sex Offenders’ Group Programme.
n Does more need to be done to crackdown on the child porn industry? Write to Your Letters, The Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send us an e-mail to email@example.com
- 1 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 2 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 3 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 4 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 9 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
- 10 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown