Ipswich: Teen in hospital after park stabbing
A TEENAGER is in hospital this evening with serious stab wounds after an incident in an Ipswich park.
Police were called to Alderman Park near the Portman Road football stadium at just before 6pm and officers arrived to find a 16-year-old boy with stab wounds.
The teen was taken by ambulance to Ipswich Hospital and a 17-year-old boy was arrested.
A police spokesman said: “A 17-year-old boy has been arrested following an incident in Alderman Park, Ipswich. Police were called to the area at about 5.55pm this evening.
“A 16-year-old boy was located with stab wounds and has been taken to Ipswich hospital where he remains in a serious condition.
You may also want to watch:
“The 17-year-old boy from Ipswich was arrested on suspicion of GBH and taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre.”
The 16-year-old’s injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 9 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 10 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
Any witnesses or anyone with any information about this incident has been urged to contact investigating officers on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.