Ipswich: Teenage attacker apologises after grabbing woman round the neck
- Credit: Archant
An attacker who grabbed a 62-year-old woman around the neck apologised to his victim after letting her go.
Police said the incident happened in New Cut West, Ipswich, at about 4.15pm yesterday.
The woman was walking along the pavement, when a male teenager grabbed her from behind and held her by the neck.
A police spokeswoman said: “He let go and the victim turned around, to which the offender apologised and ran off towards Bath Street.
“The victim was not injured from the incident.
You may also want to watch:
“The offender is described as of an Asian appearance, approximately 16-years-old, of a slim build, approximately 5’8” tall, had dark straight hair with a fringe and was wearing a dark coloured blazer with gold letters.”
Anyone who witnessed the incident or recognised the individual described is asked to call PC Naomi Harger from Ipswich police on 101, quoting IW/13/3542, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 6 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 9 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 10 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband