Ipswich: Teenager charged following serious assault in Russell Road
A TEENAGER has been charged following a serious assault in Ipswich in May.
Police were called by the ambulance service at around 4.30pm on Monday, May 21 with a report that an 18-year-old man had been stabbed in Russell Road, Ipswich. The man had received a puncture wound to his back.
Two men were arrested close to the scene.
Oshanie Ashton-Coburn, 19, from Forest Lane, Martlesham Heath, has been charged with possession with intent to supply a controlled class A drug, possession of a knife in a public place, assisting an offender and money laundering.
He will appear before Ipswich Magistrates Court on August 29.
You may also want to watch:
The second man, aged 18 and from Ipswich, has been given a caution for possession of a class A drug.
A third man who was arrested in relation to this incident on May 24, Shadrach O’Connor, aged 19 from Nacton Crescent, Ipswich has been charged with grievous bodily harm.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
- 7 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 8 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 9 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 10 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
His next court appearance is at Ipswich Crown Court on August 31.