Ipswich: Television meter stolen in distraction burglary
- Credit: Archant
A woman had her television meter taken in a distraction burglary in Ipswich yesterday evening
The incident happened in Rope Walk between 6.30pm and 7pm.
Two men knocked at the door of an elderly woman and stated that they were from an electrical company to look at her television meter.
One of the men entered the property, returning to a van outside a number of times. He took with him the television meter box and left.
A friend within the property then stated he heard another man within the property.
The man who took the meter box is described as a white man, thirties to early forties in age, approximately 5’6” tall and of a large build. He had short brown hair and was wearing blue jeans, a short sleeved t-shirt, thick woollen gloves and a head-torch attached to a headband.
The other man is described as white.
- 1 Suffolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 When and where will the thunderstorms hit Suffolk?
- 3 Woman in 70s dies in hospital after serious crash in east Suffolk
- 4 Woodbridge café adds extra outside seats due to high demand from customers
- 5 Flood alert issued for coastal towns
- 6 'I'd bet on Ipswich to get promoted' - Burton assistant praises Town
- 7 Thieves break into garden and steal hot tub
- 8 Chasing a treble, style shift and potential debut - Burton v Ipswich talking points
- 9 Suffolk councillor can stay in role despite bribery sentence
- 10 Man makes lewd remarks to woman in village near Sudbury
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call at Ipswich CID on 101.