Ipswich: Television meter stolen in distraction burglary
- Credit: Archant
A woman had her television meter taken in a distraction burglary in Ipswich yesterday evening
The incident happened in Rope Walk between 6.30pm and 7pm.
Two men knocked at the door of an elderly woman and stated that they were from an electrical company to look at her television meter.
One of the men entered the property, returning to a van outside a number of times. He took with him the television meter box and left.
A friend within the property then stated he heard another man within the property.
You may also want to watch:
The man who took the meter box is described as a white man, thirties to early forties in age, approximately 5’6” tall and of a large build. He had short brown hair and was wearing blue jeans, a short sleeved t-shirt, thick woollen gloves and a head-torch attached to a headband.
The other man is described as white.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 6 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 8 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 9 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call at Ipswich CID on 101.