Ipswich: Thousands hit by power cut
THOUSANDS of residents were back on the electricity grid today after being hit by a power cut late last night.
Nearly 2,000 homes in the Maidenhall and Stoke Park areas experienced a black-out at 9.06pm.
Power was restored to 688 customers at 9.47pm and 135 customers at 10.15pm. A spokeswoman for UK Power Networks said power to all homes was restored by 11.10pm.
She said: “Some customers would have experienced a very brief interruption, of less than a minute, when this fault occurred.
“We understand how difficult it can be without power, particularly in the current cold weather.”
You may also want to watch:
She did not know the cause of the fault last night.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 4 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 8 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 9 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 10 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light