Ipswich to Lowestoft line closed – and no replacement bus – due to severe weather
The Ipswich to Lowestoft rail line has been closed due to severe weather.
Cancellations and delays are also expected to other services until the end of the day.
Greater Anglia said the recent weather had a significant adverse impact on trains, tracks, signalling and other equipment.
Train services on Saturday and Sunday will be subject to delay, cancellation, alterations, and some services operating with fewer carriages than normal.
The Norwich-London intercity service will run a revised hourly service from Norwich to Ingatestone.
Customers will be able to continue their journey via a rail replacement Bus from Ingatestone to Newbury Park.
As well as the Ipswich-Lowestoft line, the Norwich-Sheringham, Norwich-Great Yarmouth and Norwich-Lowestoft lines are closed.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 6 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 7 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 8 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 9 'Fans are disgruntled - I understand it' - Cook on Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 10 West Suffolk's Covid rate rises to become highest in county
There will be no rail replacement buses in place to cover any of the suspended routes.
Greater Anglia said: “Network Rail are working to reopen these lines as soon as possible, which have proven difficult due to inaccessible road conditions and severe snow drifts across the tracks.”