Ipswich to Lowestoft line closed – and no replacement bus – due to severe weather
The Ipswich to Lowestoft rail line has been closed due to severe weather.
Cancellations and delays are also expected to other services until the end of the day.
Greater Anglia said the recent weather had a significant adverse impact on trains, tracks, signalling and other equipment.
Train services on Saturday and Sunday will be subject to delay, cancellation, alterations, and some services operating with fewer carriages than normal.
The Norwich-London intercity service will run a revised hourly service from Norwich to Ingatestone.
You may also want to watch:
Customers will be able to continue their journey via a rail replacement Bus from Ingatestone to Newbury Park.
As well as the Ipswich-Lowestoft line, the Norwich-Sheringham, Norwich-Great Yarmouth and Norwich-Lowestoft lines are closed.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 4 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 5 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 10 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
There will be no rail replacement buses in place to cover any of the suspended routes.
Greater Anglia said: “Network Rail are working to reopen these lines as soon as possible, which have proven difficult due to inaccessible road conditions and severe snow drifts across the tracks.”