Track defect causing disruption to trains between Ipswich and Peterborough
- Credit: Archant
Passengers wishing to travel beyond Bury St Edmunds towards Ely are facing replacement bus services after a track defect closed the line between Kennett and Ely.
Those wishing to travel out towards Ely, March and Peterborough and back are being affected by the disruption which is expected to last until 3pm this afternoon.
In a tweet Greater Anglia warned that “train services running through these stations may be cancelled or revised.”
Among those cancelled was the 09:32 Colchester to Ely service which was terminated at Bury St Edmunds.
Those travelling towards Ipswich should take rail replacement buses to Bury St Edmunds where they can catch alternative trains.
Buses will also take passengers from Ely towards Peterborough.
Greater Anglia warned passengers at Kennett itself to use the help point to arrange alternative transport.
- 1 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 2 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 3 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 4 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-1 win v Accrington
- 6 "I love him... I think he’s absolutely brilliant' - Chaplin on Town boss McKenna
- 7 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 8 'Ludicrous' - Stanley boss on 'big turning point' in Town loss
- 9 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 10 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
More to follow.