Track defect causing disruption to trains between Ipswich and Peterborough
- Credit: Archant
Passengers wishing to travel beyond Bury St Edmunds towards Ely are facing replacement bus services after a track defect closed the line between Kennett and Ely.
Those wishing to travel out towards Ely, March and Peterborough and back are being affected by the disruption which is expected to last until 3pm this afternoon.
In a tweet Greater Anglia warned that “train services running through these stations may be cancelled or revised.”
Among those cancelled was the 09:32 Colchester to Ely service which was terminated at Bury St Edmunds.
Those travelling towards Ipswich should take rail replacement buses to Bury St Edmunds where they can catch alternative trains.
You may also want to watch:
Buses will also take passengers from Ely towards Peterborough.
Greater Anglia warned passengers at Kennett itself to use the help point to arrange alternative transport.
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 8 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 9 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 10 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
More to follow.