Ipswich: Top new facilities for The Bridge school as two campuses join together
- Credit: Archant
Two halves of a school will be able to join together after planning approval was granted for new state-of-the-art facilities at a site in Sprites Lane.
The Bridge School in Ipswich is attended by about 108 pupils aged three to 16.
Primary-aged children go to the school’s campus on the site of Heathside Primary School near Ipswich Hospital with older students going to Sprites Lane.
But soon all pupils will be attending the latter campus once the new £5million scheme, phase one of which starts in May, is completed.
Concertus Design & Property Consultants developed the design for the new facilities and also conducted a detailed feasibility study which was signed off by Suffolk County Council’s planning department last month.
Concertus is finalising the detailed plans including the architectural, landscape, mechanical and electrical designs. It will also project manage the build.
Matthew Self, a director at Concertus said: “This is fantastic news for the school as it will enable the two campuses to come together and share purpose-built facilities that are suitable for the needs of the pupils and teaching staff.”
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 3 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 4 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 5 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 6 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 7 Long delays on A12 after overturned tractor trailer
- 8 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 9 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 10 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof