Town fans warned to check before they travel ahead of EFL trophy clash
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Greater Anglia are warning Ipswich Town fans to check before they travel this afternoon ahead of EFL trophy game at Peterborough United.
There have been significant disruption on the train line between Ipswich and Peterborough for the past three days with further cancellations already having been made this morning.
The rail problems couldn't come at a worse time for Town who are set to face Posh this evening at London Road.
A spokesman for Greater Anglia apologised for the issues facing rail users and encouraged them to plan ahead.
"It's worth fans checking in advance," he said.
You may also want to watch:
Greater Anglia encouraged fans to look at the options available ahead of tonight's game and consider travelling either via Cambridge or Norwich.
Both routes will add time onto fans' journeys.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 6 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 7 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 8 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 9 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 10 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
"Tickets will be valid for these routes," he added.